Sunday, July 25, 2010

Blog..

   
        Web and Blog for me is 2 different things. In my opinion, blog is a simple way to express your mind through words and pictures. Remember, a blog is not just a blog if you can put different ways, ideas and looks to make it interesting. When I explore randomly to someone's blog, I notice that so many of the blogger have miss the important part of their so called blog.



        They look too much like a website. That is for me the wrong idea for a blog. If you want to make a website, just go to a site that can host your website. Why bother messing up your HTML or downloading the templates that have credit on the designer that I surely know you don't want to put on your blog. For example, 'This template is design by .....', sometimes they also put external link in their HTML to link to their website.





        Effect on a blog that resembles too much like a websites is :-
  • Take a long time to load.
  • Have seen the templates before. (except if you created it yourself)
  • Makes people confused because of too much info such as ads, links, pictures etc. 
  • Traffic maybe high but they don't follow or repeat visiting your blog.
  • Blog looks boring because no natural idea can be seen on the blog.



       For me the best way for a blog is to look slightly like a web but still maintain the looks or idea of a blog. Therefore the main element that everyone should maintain or add on their blog is :-
  • archives (so readers can track older post)
  • post related (link within or etc)
  • pictures (but not too much)
  • One ads maximum (just to look professional)
  • Your killer words of wisdom (quotes, lyrics, advice etc.)
  • HTML code to make it looks nice (but again, not too much)





This just my opinion, from the experience that I gather when I randomly explore to others blog. Sometimes it is very annoying. LOL.

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails